Solar power Philippines is a booming industry these days. It was only in recent years that the Filipino people started recognizing the benefits of this renewable energy source and, now, many are utilizing it, whether it’s for residential or commercial use.
The Philippines may be a bit late than other countries in making use of the sun’s energy but its progress is impressive. With the cost of solar power systems decreasing more than ever, the solar industry in this island republic isset to rise higher. And, this is not the only country recently seen favoring solar energy. Even the oil giant, Saudi Arabia, is going solar in their homes for energy supply.
With the many homes, commercial establishments, and other industries turning to solar energy, what can we expect next from the solar power industry?
Recent News on Solar Energy in The Philippines
The acknowledgement of the many benefits of solar energy and the government’s support has paved the way for this clean energy to perk up the Filipino people’s interest. And this interest has led to the increasing use of photovoltaic systems all over the country.
Here are the latest happenings in the solar power industry.
- A 600-megawatt solar panel company is set to start its operation in Batangas. This will not only help in making solar energy more widely accepted, but it will also provide a great deal of jobs to the citizens.
- After the Novaliches Robinsons Place mall went solar just last month, a Philippine local electric power company now plans to build more solar panels on rooftops of other malls and business establishments which will amount to 300 megawatts within the next five years.
- A 50 megawatt solar power plant in South Cotabato is now under negotiations for its progress. If it comes through, it will be the second solar facility in the said area.
- The second phase of a Tarlac solar plant will push through early this year and is said to develop a target capacity of 100 megawatts.
- Outreach programs distributed solar lights or lamps in DepEd Misamis Oriental.
More news will be out soon with other information on solar power projects in the country. These projects will not cease because the Filipino is now aware of the many benefits he and the environment will reap from solar energy. And solar power companies like SOLREV Energy are here to stay to educate and provide your solar energy needs. Just visit SOLREV Energy and see what’s in store for you.