With the business of solar power systems in the Philippines booming, people also got interested in the process of solar panel installation. Families who want to get solar panels on their rooftops to supply their electricity at home sometimes get worried about the installation process because they think it can damage their roofs. Even owners of business establishments get worried for this same reason. And this is why information on solar power systems as well as the installation process should be relayed simply to customers.
What you need to know before installing solar panels on your roof
Going solar and getting it installed in your rooftop is a challenge since you don’t have enough information on this process. This industry is still on the rise in the Philippines. Your neighbors probably don’t have it their roofs as well. So before going solar, ask yourself these questions:
- Can your roof support solar panels? Keep in mind these properties that your roof must have in order to use solar panels effectively: enough sun exposure, good structure, unobstructed roof in the future. Plus, make sure you comply with the homeowners’ rules in structures in your community.
- What kind of solar technology should you use? Will it be solar thermal or photovoltaic systems? Thermal systems make sense if you use a lot of heating processes in your home, but this is uncommon in homes.
- How can you connect to the grid? Get information on how you can connect to the grid before anything else. Ask your local power supplier.
- Is your solar power company trustworthy? Get to know your solar installer Philippines before committing to them. Make sure they are a reputable company like Solrev Energy.
Solar Panel Installation
Getting a solar power system for your home or business building is a great move. And you don’t have to worry about installation because solar power companies, like Solrev Energy, will be the one to do ever thing for you. However, being informed about its processes will help you better understand the technology of this renewable energy source.
For home and commercial use, the rooftop is usually the best location for solar panels. Additional equipment needed are the mounting hardware and appropriate flashings. The inverter will be installed near the main panel which can be indoor or outdoor but should be out of the sun. Batteries are also available for set-up if you decide to get some.
If you are ready to go solar, just contact your preferred company. Solrev Energy will be ready to assist you once you contact them.
It is quite unfortunate that people living in far off towns in Philippine provinces lack solar power information which can be very helpful in their everyday lives. Many towns in this island republic lack energy supply to power electricity in their houses, even for just lighting purposes. Families in electricity-deprived settings are so far back in their way of life that they only use gas lanterns to light their homes at night. And we know that these lanterns emit greenhouse gases that contribute to climate change, and this is as bad as using fuel and coal for energy.
Situated in remote areas, these towns cannot be reached by electricity provided by the government. On top of that, electricity in the Philippines is quite expensive and is rated as one of the most costly in Asia. However, the government must be acknowledged for its effort to aid families in these remote places. They have started distributing solar powered lamps to these families to make their nights brighter. These solar lights are a cleaner and safer alternative to the gas lamps that they currently use. But what else could be done?
The Government still Needs these Three Ingredients in order to Distribute Solar Power to the Electricity-Deprived:
- Capital to pay for the solar power system that remote towns need to supply their electricity.
- Business models for those households to pay for the electricity they use, which is actually cheaper than using gas or kerosene for their lamps.
- Financing, public policy and partnerships to get these solar systems to far off places.
If these were all readily available, then families in hard to reach areas without electricity will be able to use devices powered by solar energy. And their lives will be so much better.
Some Off-Grid Solar Technology
- Solar water pump – it only needs a photovoltaic panel and an electric motor. It can provide water for domestic use or for irrigation, which saves labor.
- Solar radio – this needs a solar panel, radio transceiver and battery. This can improve rural communication, and will provide access to information, advise and entertainment.
- Solar lights – an LED lamp, solar panel and batteries are required. This will provide light at night and can run for 15 hours.
Bringing in solar power systems in remote areas can bring a number of benefits. Ultimately, it can be these families’ way out of their hard, poverty-stricken lives. And, partnerships with solar power companies like Solrev Energy can make all these reality.
The Philippines receives so much more solar energy than all other energy sources and this could have supplied a huge percentage of our country’s electricity needs if only we have the knowledge and resources for solar power electricity.With only two seasons in the Philippines, the wet and dry seasons, we are in a geographically favorable area for solar energy use. We have constant sunlight almost every day even if it gets rainy. And if the sun’s energy is used well, we could save a great deal on our electricity bills and also help our environment.
Solar Power for Homes
A number of homes in the Philippines have already started going solar in recent years. Because of its reputation as a clean and renewable energy source, many have grown interested in solar power for home electricity. However, a lot of people still lack information about this sustainable energy source.
Here are some benefits of having a solar powered home to help you decide on using it.
- It helps you save money. Electricity costs from power companies make up a huge percentage of your monthly bill. By using solar energy, it can cut your electric bill by half or more depending on the size of your solar power system.
- It provides you with a reliable energy source. Using the sun’s energy is quite reliable since the sun is a constant element in our lives. We know when it will rise and set. Therefore, we know how to use it to our advantage.
- It protects you from increasing electricity costs. The sun is a readily available source of energy and it is very sustainable. With its use on your home, you will not or just be limitedly affected by the unpredictable rise of electricity rates for at least 15 years.
- You help others because installation of solar panels creates jobs. The solar power industry is a powerhouse for job seekers.
- It helps the environment by decreasing carbon output. It creates electricity without the pollution that causes global warming, and it is clearly one effective way of stopping this global crisis.
These are just simple explanations of what we gain by using solar energy. Solar energy companies, such as SOLREV Energy, will be ready to assist you and give you more information should you ask for it.
is the Western Pacific’s fastest growing supplier of solar panels. They are committed to educating the public about the sun’s energy and how it can affect lives. Visit them for more information on this.
Philippines solar energy is getting the attention it deserves these days. And it is timely because solar energy is the cleanest and most abundant renewable energy source available. The Philippines has only been using it for a few years which is unfortunate since the Philippines is in an area where the weather is always sunny, with only a few rainy months. Making use of the solar energy in factories here will definitely have numerous benefits including no negative environmental impact.
Solar power for factories
Factories do continuous processes daily, from manufacturing to packaging. Under one roof, different work can be done and these include assembling, repairing, testing, processing, storing and a lot more depending on your type of business. Because of this, factories consume a great deal of energy. It usually makes use of electricity and heat energy, and a lot of diesel for generators.
- Why should you use solar power for your factory?
- Factory buildings are usually designed with a large roof area and this makes it advantageous for solar panel installation.
- Solar energy can supply a large percentage of the factory’s electricity needs.
- It can counter the peak consumption of energy in your factory and can protect you from increasing electricity rates for at least 15 years and as long as 40 years.
- It is an investment that will pay for itself in a few years.
- A solar power systemis a reliable source of energy.
- It requires minimal maintenance.
- It can be installed on wherever as long as it faces direct sunlight, on garage roofs for example.
- You will be doing the world a big favor by cutting your factory’s carbon emission greatly.
- Here are some things that consume the greatest electricity in a factory:
- Fans and air conditioners
- Other electrical equipment
These machines and equipment consume great amounts of electricity. But this can be supplied by solar energy if you take the effort to understand solar power and get it installed in your factory. If you have solar panels on your roof, your electric bill will decrease immensely.
- Are there any constraints with the use of solar power in factories?
- There may be problems depending on your roof area and roof type. Night time use and unforeseen weather also pose constraints with the use of solar power.
These are just a few of the things you need to know if you’re getting solar panels for your factory. To learn more about this just visit , the fastest growing supplier of the best solar panels in the Philippines.
Many malls in the Philippines are now going solar due to the advantages of commercial solar power. Numerous homes have been installing solar panels on their roofs because of long term benefits, and the business sector won’t be left behind.Solar energy is actually the current trend in the power industry and early adopters are seeing the true benefits. The Philippines has been dependent on coal and diesel for its energy needs for a long time; it’s time we start using more from an energy source that is readily available and much more sustainable.
Why your Commercial Building Should go Solar
Although the market for solar energy has greatly increased in the recent years, it still only supplies a minimal percentage of our country’s energy. So why should you start utilizing solar power in your business? Here are some reasons that you should consider:
- Prices of solar power systems have greatly decreased as compared to prices 5 years ago.
- Your business can maintain lesser energy rates.
- Your business can have predictable electricity costs.
- You can reduce your buildings operational costs.
- You will lessen your carbon footprint and use “green” marketing strategy.
- Solar power systems are low maintenance but highly reliable.
- Commercial buildings’ usual designs are quite suitable for a solar power system.
- Going solar in the Philippines is advantageous because of its sunny weather.
It is unfortunate, however, that many businesses do not know or refuse to believe the benefits they will reap if they install solar panels in their establishments. They only think of solar power systems as a high technology power source that will require a lot of money. What they should be thinking is that commercial solar energy systems will work great with any type of business and buildings no matter which industry they belong.
If you are still unconvinced about the advantages of using the sun’s energy to power your business, think of these problems:
- Expensive electric bills
- Continuous operations
- Increasing electricity rates
No matter what your business is, if you suffer from these factors, you should consider going solar. Solar power companies, like SOLREV Energy, will be happy to give you information and educate you about solar energy. They not only provide you with the supplies you will need for your solar power system but they will assist you and help you understand more. It is through education that we gain knowledge and reap benefits from it, after all. Just visit to know more.