The Philippines receives so much more solar energy than all other energy sources and this could have supplied a huge percentage of our country’s electricity needs if only we have the knowledge and resources for solar power electricity.With only two seasons in the Philippines, the wet and dry seasons, we are in a geographically favorable area for solar energy use. We have constant sunlight almost every day even if it gets rainy. And if the sun’s energy is used well, we could save a great deal on our electricity bills and also help our environment.
Solar Power for Homes
A number of homes in the Philippines have already started going solar in recent years. Because of its reputation as a clean and renewable energy source, many have grown interested in solar power for home electricity. However, a lot of people still lack information about this sustainable energy source.
Here are some benefits of having a solar powered home to help you decide on using it.
- It helps you save money. Electricity costs from power companies make up a huge percentage of your monthly bill. By using solar energy, it can cut your electric bill by half or more depending on the size of your solar power system.
- It provides you with a reliable energy source. Using the sun’s energy is quite reliable since the sun is a constant element in our lives. We know when it will rise and set. Therefore, we know how to use it to our advantage.
- It protects you from increasing electricity costs. The sun is a readily available source of energy and it is very sustainable. With its use on your home, you will not or just be limitedly affected by the unpredictable rise of electricity rates for at least 15 years.
- You help others because installation of solar panels creates jobs. The solar power industry is a powerhouse for job seekers.
- It helps the environment by decreasing carbon output. It creates electricity without the pollution that causes global warming, and it is clearly one effective way of stopping this global crisis.
These are just simple explanations of what we gain by using solar energy. Solar energy companies, such as SOLREV Energy, will be ready to assist you and give you more information should you ask for it.
is the Western Pacific’s fastest growing supplier of solar panels. They are committed to educating the public about the sun’s energy and how it can affect lives. Visit them for more information on this.
It was only a few years back when the first solar powered street lights Philippines shined on the streets of Pasig City. 27 street lights were installed as part of the Clean Air Month. And it is quite overwhelming that the government is acknowledging the benefits of using solar power in our country.
How do these street lights work?
These street lights, with batteries and solar panels on top, absorb the sun’s energy throughout the day and converts it to electricity at night. The streetlights automatically light up and run from 6pm to 5:30am.
What benefits do we get from using them?
The use of solar energy to light up streetlights cuts down the government’s monthly electrical bill by almost 70%. It not only gives us a financial benefit but is also renewable energy source. As a renewable energy, it lowers carbon emission and pollutants.
How much do these solar powered street lights cost?
A solar street light can cost between P30,000-P49,000, depending on the type of light and height of the streetlight pole itself. This investment will pay for itself in 2-3 years, while lasting up to 25-years.
What about its maintenance? How much will it cost?
Solar panel maintenance is pretty easy. It only needs to be wiped down every few months.
Using solar power electricity is a way to help with the issues of global warming and the decreasing, harmful energy sources that have been in use for centuries. Our government is doing its share to lessen the problems we have with regards to this. It is envisioned that solar powered street lamps will light up all the streets of the Philippines, especially in remote areas.
For now, billion-peso projects on solar powered streetlights are underway all over the Philippines. This is a wonderful step towards a holistically better nation.
Some of our countrymen are also using solar power for electricity at home and in some business establishments. It is now time for us to extend our knowledge of this renewable energy source to our less fortunate fellowmen for them to recognize its enormous benefits to us and to our environment.
SOLREV Energy is here to supply your residential, commercial, government, and educational renewable energy solutions; that are both sustainable and economical. Your solar powered streetlights and solar installation needs here in the Philippines, will be met with excellent customer support and quality solutions.